About Us

My photo
New England, United States
DynaDuctINC produces short films made for the internet. You can find us on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook. Be sure to check out our videos. We love making movies and to show your support you can subscribe to our channel on YouTube or you can send us an email at dynaduct@gmail.com

DynaDuctINC Search

What should Tristan's forge be named?

Monday, February 28, 2011

Updates

Well, I put up a fails video for sledding that you can check out here: http://www.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=Rgoojf1MDns

It's tough to be an editor... After the filming process is done, it's really up to me to make sure the video is beautiful and gets on YouTube. I am notoriously slow at finishing videos cause I want them to be perfect. I also got FinalCut Express 4 and I'm fooling with all sorts of Vissual effects (VFX) and stuff. Ive only done a few VFX videos, and they mostly involved knives. I think my most challenging video to edit was "What not to do at PCA" just because it was long and we had the shots out of order, and there were multiple shots, and I only had iMovie to work with.

I am always open to criticism, constructive or deconstructive. Please tell me what to do better! The audience knows best. Somehow that reminds me of the government that governs best governs least... Which I will now twist to, "the video is best which is edited least." I believe that the less tampering with the original shot that we have the better the video. For example, if I do soley VFX blood in the next zombie movie it's gonna look lame. Being the editor I need to find the happy median between VFX and reality. Random fact: the spinning hallways in inception were actual props.

I think that's all...

Night,
Tristan

No comments:

Post a Comment